Finally, are you ready to go to your own website? Whether it’s a hobby like learning, doing business, earning extra money, creating your own website, it can be a thrilling experience!
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to create a website.
1. The first step you need to take is to register a domain name. The domain name is the location of your website on the Internet. For example, mywebsite.com. Because it is difficult to get a unique domain these days, you might consider buying an existing domain, but obviously, it is much more expensive. You can register a domain on websites such as GoDaddy.com
how to make a website for free
2. Once you have registered your domain name, you will need web hosting. Web hosting allows you to “substantiate” files on your website. In fact, this means that it allows your visitors to view the web pages you create on their computer. You can get web hosting on a website like HostGator
3. Once your hosting account is registered, you will need to ask your host how to “set up nameservers” so your domain name points to your hosting account. If you skip this step, you will not be able to place pages on your website!
4. Now, when setting up nameservers, ask your host for instructions on “FTP” login. Download a free FTP program from the Internet and sign in to your FTP. FTP allows you to create, edit, delete, and modify files on your website.
5. Create a file in your FTP named “index.html”
6. Start writing HTML code to create your page, or use a web page or web site editor software if you do not know HTML.
7. After creating your first page, upload it to FTP.
8. Enter your domain name in your favorite browser and you should have access to your website. Email friends and check everything is working! If you or your friends can’t see the website, it may take up to a week for “Nameservers” to need to be properly updated.
Now you can start creating more pages and using links that link to all websites with the full website! Creating and developing websites is a great source of fun and money!